- This event has passed.
Forgotten Boys of Burma: Corruption and Child Abuse in Thailand
July 14 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm NZST
Presenter: DS Daniel Isherwood (NZP)
Date: Thursday, July 14
- NZ (NZST): 6pm
- QLD / NSW / ACT / VIC / TAS (AEST): 4pm
- SA / NT (ACST): 3.30pm
- WA (AWST): 2pm
Event type: Zoom + in-person in Christchurch
- On Zoom: Register in advance for this meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwocu6qqDMjHtWwwyoAVpoxUhGXOv542raq
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- In person:
- Where: Media Room B130 at the Police Central, 40 Lichfield St
- When: 5:30-6:00: speed networking with pizza, 6-7pm: presentation
- Registration: please register with Vica Papp at email@example.com to ensure we have enough pizza
- Logistics: please arrive at the main doors of the Police station from 5:30pm onwards. To be allowed on site, you will need be issued with a visitor’s pass by our NZ Police member. Police staff attending the presentation can make their way directly to Media Room B130. Please bring exact change to cover the entrance fee or show evidence of bank transfer to 02-0800-0875171-000. Some change will be available but limited.
- Fees: NZFSS Members: $5, Non-members: $8, Students: koha.
Abstract: In this presentation Detective Sergeant Daniel Isherwood (NZ Police) will walk us through a case study involving an Australian National committing sexual offences against numerous boys, discussing the challenges involved when dealing with bribery of both the Police and Judiciary.
Bio: After much heartbreak as a failed aspiring golf professional, I joined Police in 1997 where I spent the first 9 years of my career in Counties Manukau. I joined the CIB in 2000 and transferred to Christchurch in 2006 where I took up a position within the Special Tactics Group (STG). I spent 9yrs at STG learning the fine art of blowing things up (slow learner) before moving back to investigations in 2015. During my time in CIB, I have worked on a variety of squads, with a particular interest in ASA (Adult Sexual Assault) CPT (Child Protection) and Organised Crime. My current role is as the Detective Sergeant overseeing North Canterbury CIB. I am married to Sofie and have three fantastic kids. Outside of work I cart children to what feels like every sport ever invented, coach basketball and spend time hunting when I can.